I found this cake recipe yesterday and it made me long to have children in the house again. It was so adorable that I just had to share it with you…
- 1 box cake mix
- Tray 15 x 12 inches, covered
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate frosting
- 1 cup creamy vanilla frosting
- 1 chocolate-covered mint patty
- 1 gumball
- 1 slice marshmallow
- 1 yellow ring-shaped hard candy
- 1 roll Fruit by the Foot strawberry
- 1 black licorice rope
- Square-shaped candy-coated gum
- Chocolate decors
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms and sides of 1 (8-inch) and 1 (9-inch) round cake pan with shortening or cooking spray. Make cake as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Pour into pans. Bake as directed on box. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Use serrated knife to cut 9-inch cake in half and cut hat as shown in diagram. Remaining half of 9-inch cake will form body of pirate. Cut 8-inch cake as directed in diagram. On tray, place cake pieces. Cut ears and nose from small pieces of cake; attach to cake with small amount of frosting. Cover; freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Reserve 3 tsp. dark chocolate frosting; frost hat with remaining dark chocolate frosting. Mix vanilla frosting with reserved chocolate frosting. Frost head, ears, nose and body of pirate with tinted vanilla frosting. Add mint patty for eye patch, marshmallow slice and gumball for eye, and ring-shaped candy for earring. Cut fruit snack into shapes for stripes and mouth; place on cake. Cut licorice to fit hat. Add gum for teeth and chocolate decors for whiskers. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
At a glance
That is all there was to it…I thought what a neat idea. Something new. I am sure that the sweets on it are not good for you yet it is so cute to look at…
Enjoy…I have not made it since there is no one here to eat all of that cake…my two little men are still in Indiana for the funeral of their grandpa…so I have to wait for such an adventure so I can send it home to them….
Happy Cooking and Baking