Thanks to a good friend of mine from Facebook Ann Ball, who publishes recipes daily
(For more recipes, motivation and inspirations join My Weight Support Group: www.facebook.com/groups/aspiredtotransformation
Always looking for new Friends. FRIEND MEhttps://www.facebook.com/ann.ball.73 )
I happened to have stumbled across this recipe the other day and modified it slightly due to my corn allergy. I still have not found a substitute for soy sauce so it was not totally corn free (sadly) so the allergy pills still had to be taken each time I ate it. I decided to make just enough rice per each meal so that the rice was hot and fresh each time that we ate. We had several meals from this dish and I took the left over gravy and froze it to use as a base for the next time that I make the dish.
Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli
1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
1 cup beef or chicken consumme or broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil (I put in 2 tbsp)
3 garlic cloves, minced (I put in 3 heaping tbsp minced garlic in olive oil)
2 tablespoons cornstarch (I used potato starch in its place)
2 tablespoons sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired) I used frozen
Hot cooked rice
1. Place beef in a crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce form the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine.
4. Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
6. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Source: Xtreme Fat Loss Diet
This is a new favorite in our home that actually got my hubby to like broccoli even more. Hope that You like it as well.
Have a great day,