Today I was trying to get through my emails and stumbled across this gem of a find and just had to share it… It is exactly all the ingredients that my hubby loves and he can dip it while watching the Super Bowl. They have an entire list of ideas for the Superbowl so don’t just stop here go check them out… http://www.chow.com/recipes/30624-pepperoni-pizza-dip
Then you can come back and check out this recipe…
Difficulty: Easy | Total Time: 30 mins | Makes: 6 to 8 servings
The flavors of pepperoni pizza have found their way into plenty of snack recipes onCHOW, including quick bread and jalapeño poppers. Here, it transforms into a quick dip in the food processor, with pepperoni slices, mozzarella, ricotta, cream cheese, red pepper flakes, and dried oregano. Pile the mixture into a pie plate, top it with more mozzarella and pepperoni, and bake until bubbly and melty. Serve it with toasted breadsticks or garlic bread for dipping and your guests will be shocked by its uncanny pizza flavor!
Special equipment: You’ll need a 9-inch pie plate for this recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded whole-milk mozzarella (about 8 ounces)
- 2 ounces pepperoni slices (about 26 thin slices), quartered
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into large pieces
- 7 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds toasted ciabatta, soft breadsticks, or garlic bread, for serving
- Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place half of the mozzarella, half of the pepperoni, the cream cheese, ricotta, Parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Process until smooth, about 45 seconds (there may still be a few small bits of pepperoni).
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie plate and smooth the top. Evenly sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Bake until the dip is heated through and bubbling around the edges and the cheese on top is melted, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately with the ciabatta bread, breadsticks, or garlic bread for dipping.
Simple and easy to do… That is what I like about it and ready for the crowd in 15 minutes…Awesome.